- Consults with Client to determine the most appropriate legal entity for the company purpose;
- Preparation of pertinent documents for such business entity
Company will represent a production (feature film or short film) for a flat fee determined at initial consultation.
- Single purpose entity formation;
- Above the line agreements including but not limited to producer contracts, executive producer
- contracts, director agreement, and casting director agreement;
- Investor contracts;
- SAG consultation and representation
- DGA consultation and representation, if applicable;
- WGA consultation and representation, if applicable;
- Cast Agreements including working with the casting director to execute initial short form contracts,
and finalizing long form cast agreements for key cast;
- Crew Agreements including keys, assistants and post-production contracts;
- Consultation and assistance concerning Clearances including but not limited to obtaining company and personal releases required for the E&O insurance policy;
- On Call Legal Advice During Production
- Legal Advice Related to Insurance Coverage, Review and Negotiate Location Agreements, Licenses, and other Production Contracts
- Review, negotiation and preparation of sales, distribution and license agreement for sales agents, distributors and licensees.
- Review, negotiation and revision of sales, distribution and license agreements received by producers.
BUSINESS PLANS/INVESTMENT DOCUMENTATION
- Review, revise and insert necessary legal language into existing business plans/investment memorandum;
- Drafting of financing documents for business entities.
FILM/MUSIC/TELEVISION/PUBLISHING/NEW MEDIA — TRANSACTIONAL
Reviewing, revising, negotiating and drafting the following agreements:
- Option/Purchase Agreement for Screenplays;
- Life Rights Agreements;
- Book/Short Story/Article Option/Purchase Agreements;
- Co-Production Contracts/Join Venture Agreement
- Producer Contracts (Film/Music/Television)
- Writer for Hire Agreements
- Collaboration Agreements
- Band Agreements
- Publishing Contracts
- Recording Contracts
- Licensing Contracts
- Employment Contracts
- Representation Agreements for Managers, Talent Agents, Producer’s Representative and Sales Agent
- Distribution and License Agreement for Feature and Short Film, Music, Publishing and New Media.
TELEVISION — TRANSACTIONAL
- Represents writers, producers and production companies in television transactional work including but not limited to drafting, reviewing and negotiating producer agreements, assignments, and joint ventures.
- Provide legal advice and representation with reference to protecting show concepts and treatments.
- Provides representation for submissions to third party producers, financiers and production companies.
- Review, prepares and advises for copyright registration of intellectual property.
- Reviews, advises and assists in preparation of trademark registration of marks/logos/brands.