- Entertainment: Motion Picture, Documentary Film, Cable, TV
- Transaction Counseling: Trademark, Copyright, Licensing, Publishing
- IP Counseling: Copyright
Robert Seigel has more than twenty years experience in the counseling and representation of directors, individual producers, production companies, writers, distribution companies and foreign sales agents concerning the development, financing, production, marketing, distribution and licensing of fiction and non-fiction projects.
His practice also includes representing performing artists, music recording and publishing companies, talent management companies, book authors, playwrights and digital media content developers and providers.
His clients’ projects have appeared theatrically and on network, syndicated, public and cable television and have earned Academy Award nominations, Emmy nominations and awards, Peabody awards and prizes at major film festivals.
Mr. Seigel has provided legal counsel for:
- Narrative films as Interview directed by and starring Steve Buscemi (Sony Picture Classics), Blind Date directed by and starring Stanley Tucci (Screen Media); The House of the Devil directed by Ti West (Magnolia/Magnet Releasing), 10th & Wolf (ThinkFilms); and Forty Shades of Blue;
- Documentaries such as the critically and financially successful Trembling Before G_d (New Yorker Films), the ‘breakdancing’ documentary Planet B-Boy (Elephant Eye Releasing/MTV), the Emmy-Award winning Telling Nicholas, the Academy Award-nominated documentaries Which Way Home and “On Tip Toe: Gentle Steps To Freedom
- The writer, producer and/or director of such narrative features as Twelve directed by Joel Schumacher (Hannover House); Pete Smalls is Dead directed by Alexander Rockwell, Repo Chick directed by Alex Cox; and Love Ranch directed by Taylor Hackford (E1 Entertainment)
- The life rights for the subjects of such motion picture and television projects as Mad Hot Ballroom; Liz Murray: From Homeless to Harvard; and reality television success The Real Housewives of New York;
- Sales agents, distributors and licensors of such intellectual property content as fiction and non-fiction motion picture features, television programming and new media.